Most Healthcare professionals have experience, but lack documentation. Our certification workshops are designed to give the healthcare professional a refresher course or continuing medical education hands-on class that includes certification, because most employers prefer to hire healthcare professionals with valid certification.
Federal Law does not require Healthcare Professionals that meet certain professional standards to attend lengthy traditional programs in order to obtain certification. These workshops do not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
If you are looking for an entry-level program. Most trade schools and community colleges in your area offer lengthy programs that usually include externships and clinical rotations. NMCA’s Continuing Education Certification Workshops are not for entry-level private pay students entering into the medical field. They are only designed for qualified medical professionals.
(NMCA’s) accelerated hands-on continuing education & certification workshops were developed for (qualified healthcare professionals) that don’t have thousands of dollars to spend going back to school in tough economic times like these for skills they already have when they really only need a refresher, continuing education or certification.
Our certification workshops are designed to help only qualified healthcare professionals who are at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma, GED, or have the equivalent from a foreign country, and with prior experience in the medical field through their job, the military, or schooling to enhance your skills from previous training, keep you abreast with industry standards, provide the mandatory continuing education units required to keep your certification current and to become certified in the field.
Am I eligible to participate?
You must 18 years of age, with a High School Diploma, GED or International High School Diploma Equivalency, and meet one of the following qualifications to register:
- Experience or Education in Healthcare or a related field or Equivalent Field Experience.
- As part of the evaluation, we take a look at any previous medical training classes you’ve taken and or work experience to determine which ones may qualify you for this program. Even if you took the course a long time ago, don’t worry many courses and work experience may still count regardless of how long ago they were taken.
- For Students with medical background such as medical/healthcare/science/dental or related– courses, field work, training, or volunteering in these fields
Some Examples of a Qualified Healthcare Professional
Undergraduate students, international medical graduates (IMGs), nurses (RN, RPN), lab technicians, medical lab assistants, and emergency Medical Technicians, Nurse Practitioner (NP), Certified Nurse Specialist (CNS), Physician Assistant (PA) Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)Medical Doctor (MD),Emergency Medical Tech (EMT), IV Tech, Medical Lab Tech/Assistant (MLT/MLA), Medical Office Assistant (MOA), Dialysis Tech (DT), Physician Assistant, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (DMS), Dental Hygienist, student of allied health or all medical (pre-nursing, pre-medical) or Natural Science Majors (Biology, Chemistry) Mas, PCT/PCA/NT, Home Health Nurses Medical Assistants ,Certified Medical Assistant (CMA),CNAS Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Nurses, Aides HHAS Home Health Aid,
Phlebotomists, Phlebotomy Tech (PT), Phlebotomy trainers, Laboratory personnel, Physicians & Medical Students, Midlevel Practitioners & Students, Nurses & Nursing Students, Associate/Nurse, Registered, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (RN, LPN, LVN), EMS Personnel, Monitor Techs, Nurse Anesthetists & Nurse Anesthetist Students EMT, or Be currently enrolled in a school or training program where this will supplement your knowledge in the field (LPN/RN School, Physician’s Assistant School, CNA class, etc.).
NMCA’S certification & continuing education workshops are great for:
- Lapsed certification
- Continuing education hours
- For individuals with experience working in the medical field that would like to become certified.
- Healthcare facilities and nursing groups to upgrade and keep current in nursing practice.
- Unemployed/underemployed healthcare professionals with prior healthcare background by way of schooling or experience.
- For any licensed or certified healthcare professionals who are motivated to learn and enrich their lives.
- Students that have trouble passing their certification exam due to test anxiety.
- Medical Assistants & Patient Care Technicians that want to get certified in Phlebotomy & EKG in as little as 1 day!
- Students graduating from an allied health training program that need certification
- Healthcare Professionals that were trained on the job, but were never certified.
- Healthcare Professionals that have not practiced in a while, and need a review or refresher
- International Medical Graduates (IMG), Foreign Medical Graduates (FMG), Under graduate, and US Medical Graduates Must be a medical school graduate that successfully completed the program (do not need to be licensed in US)
- Veteran`s (military medical experience)