Accelerated 1-Day Phlebotomy & EKG Certification Workshop 100% hands-on
Workshop tuition includes a complimentary lunch
Upon successful completion participants will receive 2 National Certifications
- National Certification in Phlebotomy
- National Certification in EKG
- 100% hands-on competency national certification exam
- Upon successful completion participants will receive 40 CE Hours
- Unique from all other Phlebotomy & EKG training programs, because instead of requiring you to do weeks and months of training, we give you all the knowledge and skills you need in just a few days’
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED or International High School Diploma Equivalency
- Experience or Education in Healthcare or a related field or Equivalent Field Experience.
- Medical background such as medical/healthcare/science/dental or related– courses, field work, training, or volunteering in these fields
About The Certification Workshop
This is a unique 100% Hands-on 1-day Phlebotomy & EKG certification workshop that provides the experienced student with additional skills and training in order to succeed in the healthcare field as a Phlebotomy & EKG or other healthcare professional. This workshop is intended to compliment the student’s current medical training and/or experience. This workshop contains lecture, discussion, and practical instruction. The student must demonstrate proficient Phlebotomy & EKG skills and knowledge equivalent to the Phlebotomy & EKG program but in a shorter timeframe. This workshop is intended for students with prior medical training, related education, or clinical experience.
This workshop consists of the two following parts Lecture and lab
- Approximately two hour lecture will proceed the hand-on skills portion of the lab.
- E- book is provided to you for reference
- Material is presented by a qualified state approved instructor.
- Introduction to equipment and hands-on practice.
- Practical demonstration and instructor feedback.
- Student skill participation and guidance.
- Difficult Draws-Tricks of the Trade
- Difficult Skills-Tricks of the Trade
About the Mandatory Preparatory reading prerequisite
E-Book Continuing Education (CE) Preparatory reading prerequisite
You can complete the preparatory reading at your own pace.( E-Book)
The Continuing Education (CE) Preparatory reading prerequisite Is a mandatory component of this Certification Workshop and must be completed before students arrive for the live training session of the certification workshop.
2 easy steps to earn CE credit for this workshop:
- READ the course material, which includes course Questions
- ANSWER the Questions using the Answer Sheet
Upon registration, you will receive an email to download the E-Book, which includes practice exams in PDF format that corresponds with the Workshop. You may either print this material and bring the hardcopy with you, or open the PDF using a reader on your mobile device or tablet – we recommend Adobe reader; it works great for editing and note taking!
Goals & Purpose of the Phlebotomy & EKG Certification Program:
The Phlebotomy & EKG combined certification program is designed to help those with prior experience in the field to enhance their skills from previous training and gears up students to be eligible to take the National examinations. In the training you will learn from renowned instructors, that are academically and professionally qualified. They have years of relevant, hands-on experience to share with students, creating real-world scenarios during your training.
The following areas will be covered in the Phlebotomy & EKG Technician training:
- Phlebotomy Technician Skills
- Specimen collection
- Venipuncture procedures
- Capillary sticks
- Phlebotomy Equipment including test tubes & order of draw
- Specimen transport and handling
- Phlebotomy Technician Skills
- Blood Draws
- Laboratory personnel and responsibilities
- Analytical errors/complications/terminology
- EKG Technician Skills
- EKG equipment
- Cardiac cycle
- Normal and abnormal EKGs
- Performing EKGs
- Lead placement
- Holter Monitoring
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Phlebotomy & EKG Technician
- General Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Vital signs
- Patient interaction communication
- Discuss venipuncture techniques using vacutainer tubes, butterflys needles.
- Discuss capillary puncture on infants and adults, specimen handling, centrifuging, laboratory safety and computerized patient documentation.
- Perform blood draws competently.
- Discuss the role of the EKG technician, cardiovascular anatomy, physiology/medical terminology, electrocardiography, Holter Monitoring.
- Perform EKG procedures competently.
- Discuss the knowledge and requirements needed to pass the national certification examinations
The Hands on clinical/classroom session
Our program are tailored to adult learning styles and promotes retention of key concepts through Classroom instruction, which will consist of theory providing the competencies required by the certification board for Certified Healthcare Professionals. The program will also include mandatory lab (hands on) training, classroom lecture, group discussions and activities. In addition we will also cover anatomy, physiology of blood, equipment, lab processing, special specimen procurement, OSHA, CLIA regulations, centrifuging, microscope use, capillary punctures etc. You will practice EKG’s and drawing blood on a training aid and then practice drawing blood and EKG ‘s on each other. All attendees will be required to perform live venipuncture’s on each other under the direction of the instructor and/or licensed phlebotomist preceptor.
Live “sticks” will be done in the class. These sticks include venipunctures and capillary sticks. These sticks will not be done during an externship, but will be done on fellow students and yourself, in a very supervised setting. If you are not comfortable having someone draw your blood, please do not enroll for this class.
The following areas will be covered in the Phlebotomy & EKG Technician certification program
Live interactive class starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. (1 hour lunch 12:00 p.m. – 1:00)
8:00 – 10:00 Phlebotomy Technician Skills
Phlebotomy Equipment including test tubes & order of draw
Specimen transport and handling
10:00 am – 10:15 am Break
10:15 am – 12:00 pm Phlebotomy Technician Skills
Laboratory personnel and responsibilities
1:00 pm – 3:45 pm EKG Technician Skills
Normal and abnormal EKGs
3:45 pm – 4:00 pm Break
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 pm Roles and Responsibilities of a Phlebotomy & EKG Technician
General Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
Patient interaction communication