Medical Assistant Certification Bridge™
A Faster Path To Certification for Healthcare Professionals
Accelerated 1-Day Medical Assistant Certification Workshop 100% hands-on
Most Healthcare professionals have experience, but lack documentation. Why spend thousands of dollars going back to school in tough economic times like these for skills they already have when they really only need a refresher, continuing education or certification.
Workshop tuition includes a complimentary lunch
Upon successful completion participants will receive 3 National Certifications
- National Certification in Electrocardiogram (NCET)
- National Certification in Phlebotomy (NCPT)
- National Certification in Clinical Medical Assistant (NCCMA)
- 100% hands-on competency national certification exam
- Upon successful completion participants will receive 40 CE Hours
- Unique from all other Medical Assistant training programs, because instead of requiring you to do weeks and months of training, we give you all the knowledge and skills you need in just a few days’
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED or International High School Diploma Equivalency
- Experience or Education in Healthcare or a related field or Equivalent Field Experience.
- Medical background such as medical/healthcare/science/dental or related– courses, field work, training, or volunteering in these fields
About The Certification Workshop
This is a unique 100% Hands-on 1-day medical assistant certification workshop that provides the experienced student with additional skills and training in order to succeed in the healthcare field as a medical assistant or other healthcare professional. This workshop is intended to compliment the student’s current medical training and/or experience. This workshop contains lecture, discussion, and practical instruction. The student must demonstrate proficient Medical Assistant phlebotomy skills and EKG knowledge equivalent to the medical assistant program but in a shorter timeframe. This workshop is intended for students with prior medical training, related education, or clinical experience.
This workshop consists of the two following parts Lecture and lab
- Approximately two hour lecture will proceed the hand-on skills portion of the lab.
- A book is provided to you for reference .
- Material is presented by a qualified state approved instructor.
- Introduction to equipment and hands-on practice.
- Practical demonstration and instructor feedback.
- Student skill participation and guidance.
- Difficult Draws-Tricks of the Trade
- Difficult Skills-Tricks of the Trade
About the Mandatory Preparatory reading prerequisite
E-Book Continuing Education (CE) Preparatory reading prerequisite
You can complete the preparatory reading at your own pace.( E-Book)
The Continuing Education (CE) Preparatory reading prerequisite Is a mandatory component of this Certification Workshop and must be completed before students arrive for the live training session of the certification workshop.
2 easy steps to earn CE credit for this workshop:
- READ the course material, which includes course Questions
- ANSWER the Questions using the Answer Sheet
Upon registration, you will receive an email to download the E-Book, which includes practice exams in PDF format that corresponds with the Workshop. You may either print this material and bring the hardcopy with you, or open the PDF using a reader on your mobile device or tablet – we recommend Adobe reader; it works great for editing and note taking!
The following areas will be covered in the Clinical Medical Assistant Certification Program:
- Specimen collection
- Venipuncture procedures
- Capillary sticks
- Live blood draws
- Phlebotomy Equipment including test tubes & order of draw
- Specimen transport and handling
- Laboratory personnel and responsibilities
- Analytical errors/complications/terminology
- EKG Technician
- EKG equipment
- Cardiac cycle
- Normal and abnormal EKGs
- Performing EKGs
- Lead placement
- Holter Monitoring
Clinical Medical Assistant Skills
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Roles and Responsibilities of a medical assistant
- General Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Vital signs
- Patient interaction communication
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Clinical Medical Assistant
- Live Capillary sticks
- Live blood draws
The Hands on clinical/classroom session
Our program are tailored to adult learning styles and promotes retention of key concepts through Classroom instruction, which will consist of theory providing the competencies required by the certification board for Certified Healthcare Professionals. The program will also include mandatory lab (hands on) training, classroom lecture, group discussions and activities. In addition we will also cover anatomy, physiology of blood, equipment, lab processing, special specimen procurement, OSHA, CLIA regulations, centrifuging, microscope use, capillary punctures etc. You will practice EKG’s and drawing blood on a training aid and then practice drawing blood and EKG ‘s on each other. All attendees will be required to perform live venipuncture’s on each other under the direction of the instructor and/or licensed phlebotomist preceptor.
Live “sticks” will be done in the class. These sticks include venipunctures and capillary sticks. These sticks will not be done during an externship, but will be done on fellow students and yourself, in a very supervised setting. If you are not comfortable having someone draw your blood, please do not enroll for this class.
8:00 – 10:00
Live blood draws
Phlebotomy Equipment including test tubes & order of draw
Specimen transport and handling
Laboratory personnel and responsibilities
10:00 am – 10:15 am Break
10:15 am – 12:00 pm EKG Skills
Normal and abnormal EKGs
1:00 pm – 3:45 pm Clinical Medical Assistant Skills
Clinical Medical Assistant
Roles and Responsibilities of a medical assistant
General Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
Patient interaction communication
3:45 pm – 4:00 pm Break
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 pm Roles and Responsibilities of a Clinical Medical Assistant
Live Capillary sticks
Live blood draws