Medical Certification Pathway
You may qualify for certification through our Medical Certification Pathway which allows you to obtain certification from your work experience alone. No written exam is required. Please review the information on this page for.
Experience may be substituted in lieu of a certification exam, and will be evaluated by the board on an individual basis as criteria for meeting the exam eligibility requirements.
Candidates wishing to obtain National Certification via the Medical Certification Pathway must have:
Equivalent work experience in order to be eligible for the Medical Certification Pathway. This alternative path will serve experienced Healthcare Professionals who were not in a position to attend a recognized program.
As part of the evaluation, we take a look at any previous medical training classes you’ve taken and or work experience to determine which ones may qualify you for this program. Even if you took the course a long time ago, don’t worry many courses and work experience may still count regardless of how long ago they were taken.
Medical Certification Pathway : .
- Hold certain relevant professional qualifications in good standing in Medical – Healthcare related fields.
- Equivalent work experience as a Healthcare Professional (min. 160 hours).
- Experience must be either paid or volunteer. Clinical experience does not count.
- Patient Care Tech – must have (min. 160 hours) of paid or volunteer experience
- EKG Tech – must have (min. 160 hours) of paid or volunteer experience
- Medical billing and coding – must have (min. 160 hours) of paid or volunteer experience
- Veterinary Tech – must have (min. 160 hours) of paid or volunteer experience
- Medical Laboratory Tech –must have (min. 160 hours) of paid or volunteer experience
- Phlebotomy Tech – must have (min. 160 hours) of paid or volunteer experience
- Pharmacy Tech – must have (min. 160 hours) of paid or volunteer experience
- Medical Assistant –must have (min. 160 hours)of paid or volunteer experience
- Residential Healthcare Technician –must have (min. 160 hours)of paid or volunteer experience
- Medical Administrative Assistant – must have (min. 160 hours) of paid or volunteer experience
- Healthcare Instructor Certification– must have (min. 160 hours) of paid experience
Upon receipt of your $495.00 payment, your registration application, and all required documentation. Your application will be processed, and completed in 7 business days. Your certification will then be mailed to you in 7 business days.
4 easy steps to earn National Certification : Get Started Today on the Medical Certification Pathway Program
- Register on-line or submit the paper registration
- Submit the $495 payment online st the time of registration
- Submit your credentials firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the work verification form that can be downloaded from our website on the forms page, or a signed letter of verification from their supervisor verifying the length of their employment, and a description of the applicant’s job duties. This letter must be on company letterhead, and signed by your supervisor. Please fax form to 877-554-5380 or email to email@example.com. Please enclose or submit online the $495.00 payment with the registration form when you turn it in.
If your experience alone does not qualify you for a waiver on the written exam you will be asked to submit a proficiency skills competency exam form signed by your supervisor. Please fax form to 877-554-5380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org