Frequently Asked Questions
How can you offer these workshops so cheap? What’s the catch?
No catch, no gimmick. Could we offer our programs for a lot more money? Of course we could! (Many of our competitors do!) But we don’t want to gouge you. We’d rather offer our workshops at a fair price that allows us to make a fair profit in the hopes that you will remember us and keep coming back to us for additional workshops year after year — as many of our customers do!
Do I need to register for the certification workshop in advance? Yes. Seating is limited. We require you to pre-register in advance. Pre-registration is mandatory. In order to host the training in your area registrations are needed. *If we don’t get enough registrations for the workshop, we do reserve the right to cancel the class and you will receive a full refund including fee in 5-days unless you decide to schedule for another location or for the next upcoming workshop in your area, if applicable.
A deposit of $150 is required to secure a spot, with the balance due at the beginning of the class.
May I pay for a live workshop at the door?
Of course you can!We welcome your on-site payment, and unlike other organizations we do not charge you extra if you pay at the door.
Am I eligible to participate? You must 18 years of age, with a High School Diploma, GED or International High School Diploma Equivalency, and meet one of the following qualifications to register:
- Experience or Education in Healthcare or a related field or Equivalent Field Experience. As part of the evaluation, we take a look at any previous medical training classes you’ve taken and or work experience to determine which ones may qualify you for this program. Even if you took the course a long time ago, don’t worry many courses and work experience may still count regardless of how long ago they were taken.
- For Students with medical background such as medical/healthcare/science/dental or related– courses, field work, training, or volunteering in these fields
Some Examples of a Qualified Healthcare Professional
Undergraduate students, international medical graduates (IMGs), nurses (RN, RPN), lab technicians, medical lab assistants, and emergency Medical Technicians, Nurse Practitioner (NP), Certified Nurse Specialist (CNS), Physician Assistant (PA) Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)Medical Doctor (MD),Emergency Medical Tech (EMT), IV Tech, Medical Lab Tech/Assistant (MLT/MLA), Medical Office Assistant (MOA), Dialysis Tech (DT), Physician Assistant, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (DMS), Dental Hygienist, student of allied health or all medical (pre-nursing, pre-medical) or Natural Science Majors (Biology, Chemistry) Mas, PCT/PCA/NT, Home Health Nurses Medical Assistants ,Certified Medical Assistant (CMA),CNAS Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Nurses, Aides HHAS Home Health Aide, Phlebotomists, Phlebotomy Tech (PT), Phlebotomy trainers, Laboratory personnel, Physicians & Medical Students, Midlevel Practitioners & Students, Nurses & Nursing Students, Associate/Nurse, Registered, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (RN, LPN, LVN), EMS Personnel, Monitor Techs, Nurse Anesthetists & Nurse Anesthetist Students EMT, or Be currently enrolled in a school or training program where this will supplement your knowledge in the field (LPN/RN School, Physician’s Assistant School, CNA class, etc.).
What are these workshops good for?
NMCA’S certification & continuing education workshops are great for:
- Lapsed certification
- Continuing education hours
- For individuals with experience working in the medical field that would like to become certified.
- Healthcare facilities and nursing groups to upgrade and keep current in nursing practice.
- Unemployed/underemployed healthcare professionals with prior healthcare background by way of schooling or experience.
- For any licensed or certified healthcare professionals who are motivated to learn and enrich their lives.
- Students that have trouble passing their certification exam due to test anxiety.
- Medical Assistants & Patient Care Technicians that want to get certified in Phlebotomy & EKG in as little as 1 day!
- Students graduating from an allied health training program that need certification
- Healthcare Professionals that were trained on the job, but were never certified.
- Healthcare Professionals that have not practiced in a while, and need a review or refresher
- International Medical Graduates (IMG), Foreign Medical Graduates (FMG), Under graduate, and US Medical Graduates Must be a medical school graduate that successfully completed the program (do not need to be licensed in US)
- Veteran`s (military medical experience)
Do you need proof of medical background or education?
Required Documentation that must be submitted when you arrive to the Continuing Education Certification Workshop:
One must demonstrate eligibility in order to participate in our workshops/seminars. You will be asked to submit verifiable proof that you fulfill (one) of the following requirements when you arrive to the live training
You must show valid state issued non expired photo ID or US Passport and one of the requirements below when you arrive to the training. (NO Exceptions)
- Actual fieldwork, on the job training, verifiable work experience (down load the work verification form on the forms page to be completed by your employer) Or a letter from your employer on company letter head signed by your supervisor.
- If you don’t have prior work experience you must provide proof of previous training such as diploma, transcripts, certificate of completion, licenses, or certification from previous certification board.
- *NOTE: The board accepts copies of diplomas or letters from training institutions as verification. If original documents are in a language other than English, English translation must accompany them. NO EXCEPTIONS