Accelerated 1-Day EKG Certification Workshop 100% hands-on
- Upon successful completion participants will receive National Certification
- Upon successful completion participants will receive 40 CE Hours
- Unique from all other EKG training programs, because instead of requiring you to do weeks and months of training, we give you all the knowledge and skills you need in just a few days’
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED or International High School Diploma Equivalency
- Experience or Education in Healthcare or a related field or Equivalent Field Experience.
- Medical background such as medical/healthcare/science/dental or related– courses, field work, training, or volunteering in these fields
About The Certification Workshop
This is a unique 100% Hands-on 1-day EKG certification workshop that provides the experienced student with additional skills and training in order to succeed in the healthcare field as a EKG or other healthcare professional. This workshop is intended to compliment the student’s current medical training and/or experience. This workshop contains lecture, discussion, and practical instruction. The student must demonstrate proficient EKG skills and knowledge equivalent to the EKG program but in a shorter timeframe. This workshop is intended for students with prior medical training, related education, or clinical experience.
This workshop consists of the two following parts Lecture and lab
- Approximately two hour lecture will proceed the hand-on skills portion of the lab.
- A book is provided to you for reference .
- Material is presented by a qualified state approved instructor.
- Introduction to equipment and hands-on practice.
- Practical demonstration and instructor feedback.
- Student skill participation and guidance.
- Difficult Draws-Tricks of the Trade
- Difficult Skills-Tricks of the Trade
About the Mandatory Preparatory reading prerequisite
You can complete the preparatory reading at your own pace.( E-Book)
The Continuing Education (CE) Preparatory reading prerequisite Is a mandatory component of this Certification Workshop and must be completed before students arrive for the live training session of the certification workshop.
2 easy steps to earn CE credit for this workshop:
- READ the course material, which includes course Questions
- ANSWER the Questions using the online Answer Sheet
E-Book option Continuing Education (CE) Preparatory reading prerequisite
Upon registration, you will receive an email to download the E-Book, which includes practice exams in PDF format that corresponds with the Workshop. You may either print this material and bring the hardcopy with you, or open the PDF using a reader on your mobile device or tablet – we recommend Adobe reader; it works great for editing and note taking!
The certification workshop covers:
- EKG Technician Skills
- Role of the EKG technician
- Function of the EKG department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service
- Medical terminology related to electrocardiography
- Care and safety of patients, medical & legal aspects
- Anatomy and circulation of the heart and blood vesselsElectrical conduction system of the heart
- EKG strip analysis (P, Q, R, S,T waveform interpretation)
- Normal sinus rhythm, sinus bradycardia, sinus tachycardia
- Basic EKG interpretation, sinus rhythm, and ventricular rhythms, asystole; example rhythm
- Recognizing artifacts, troubleshooting, tracing problems
- Practice EKG strips, EKG rhythms
- Preparing a patient for EKG
- 12 lead placement, interpretation and troubleshooting
- EKG Technician Skills
- EKG equipment
- Cardiac cycle
- Normal and abnormal EKGs
- Performing EKGs
- Lead placement
- Holter Monitoring
- Roles and Responsibilities of a EKG Technician
- General Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Patient interaction communication
The Hands on clinical/classroom session
Our program are tailored to adult learning styles and promotes retention of key concepts through Classroom instruction, which will consist of theory providing the competencies required by the certification board for Certified Healthcare Professionals. The program will also include mandatory lab (hands on) training, classroom lecture, group discussions and activities. In addition we will also cover anatomy, physiology of blood, equipment, lab processing, special specimen procurement, OSHA, CLIA regulations, centrifuging, microscope use, capillary punctures etc. You will practice EKG’s on a training manikin and then practice EKG ‘s on each other. All attendees will be required to perform live EKG’s on each other under the direction of the instructor and/or licensed preceptor.
8:00 – 10:00 EKG Technician Skills
Role of the EKG technician
Function of the EKG department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service
Medical terminology related to electrocardiography
Care and safety of patients, medical & legal aspects
Anatomy and circulation of the heart and blood vesselsElectrical conduction system of the heart
10:00 am – 10:15 am Break
10:15 am – 12:00 pm Phlebotomy Technician Skills
EKG strip analysis (P, Q, R, S,T waveform interpretation)
Normal sinus rhythm, sinus bradycardia, sinus tachycardia
Basic EKG interpretation, sinus rhythm, and ventricular rhythms, asystole; example rhythm
Recognizing artifacts, troubleshooting, tracing problems
Practice EKG strips, EKG rhythms
Preparing a patient for EKG
12 lead placement, interpretation and troubleshooting
1:00 pm – 3:45 pm EKG Technician Skills
Normal and abnormal EKGs
3:45 pm – 4:00 pm Break
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 pm Roles and Responsibilities of a EKG Technician
General Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
Patient interaction communication