Accelerated 1-Day Surgical Tech Certification Workshop 100% hands-on
What Does a Surgical Technician Do?
- Assists surgeons in the operating room as a key player making a difference in the lives of patients
- Prepares the operating room for surgery
- Performs scrubbing, gowning and gloving in preparation for surgery
- Creates and maintains the sterile field for passing instruments and handling specimens
- Assists the surgeon with retracting patients’ tissues and wound closure
- Works closely with instruments, operating physicians and medical support team in the operating room, but has limited direct verbal contact with patients who are under anesthesia
- Upon successful completion participants will receive National Certification
- Upon successful completion participants will receive 40 CE Hours
- Unique from all other Surgical Tech training programs, because instead of requiring you to do weeks and months of training, we give you all the knowledge and skills you need in just a few days’
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED or International High School Diploma Equivalency
- Experience or Education in Healthcare or a related field or Equivalent Field Experience.
For those with no experience
*If you are not eligible or would appreciate more in depth coverage of the field, please look into our partner sisters school CLICK HERE to Visit New Career Training Institute
About The Certification Workshop
This is a unique 100% Hands-on 1-day surgical tech certification workshop that provides the experienced student with additional skills and training in order to succeed in the healthcare field as a surgical tech or other healthcare professional. This workshop is intended to compliment the student’s current medical training and/or experience. This workshop contains lecture, discussion, and practical instruction. The student must demonstrate proficient surgical tech skills and knowledge equivalent to the surgical tech program but in a shorter timeframe. This workshop is intended for students with prior medical training, related education, or clinical experience. Call our office at (814) 806-3996 to see if you are eligible.
This workshop consists of the two following parts Lecture and lab
- Approximately two hour lecture will proceed the hand-on skills portion of the lab.
- A book is provided to you for reference .
- Material is presented by a qualified state approved instructor.
- Introduction to equipment and hands-on practice.
- Practical demonstration and instructor feedback.
- Student skill participation and guidance.
- Difficult Skills-Tricks of the Trade
About the Mandatory Preparatory reading prerequisite
You can complete the preparatory reading at your own pace.(Online or print the E-Book)
The 40-Hour Continuing Education (CE) Preparatory reading prerequisite Is a mandatory component of this Certification Workshop and must be completed before students arrive for the live training session of the certification workshop.
Online Continuing Education (CE) Preparatory reading prerequisite
3 easy steps to earn CE credit for this workshop:
- READ the course material, which includes course Questions
- ANSWER the Questions (at least 70% correct) using the online Answer Sheet
- PRINT, or take a picture of your Completion Certificate, which you will also need to bring
E-Book option Continuing Education (CE) Preparatory reading prerequisite
Upon registration, you will receive an email to download the E-Book, which includes practice exams in PDF format that corresponds with the Workshop. You may either print this material and bring the hardcopy with you, or open the PDF using a reader on your mobile device or tablet – we recommend Adobe reader; it works great for editing and note taking!